Thursday, August 24, 2017

A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE

 This program involves various activities such as class discussions, presentations, trips to museums, lectures, visits to incubators and more.
   Firstly, there are many things that this programme has added to me. To begin with, our visit to the State Department was unforgettable. I learned about a highly important problem as well as having one chance to make a discussion about it. This problem is a crisis in the oceans as overfishing, bycatch and illegal fishing has led to the depletion of marine life. As entrepreneurs, we tried to solve this problem and there were many competing interests and a great number of challenges involved when addressing this issue. By proposing solutions and also thinking about the effects that this problem will cause makes me aware of the world and I improved my communication skills with the help of discussions.
    As for 1776 Dc Incubator tour, we went to the top of the building by passing many storeys.There was a girl working in an incubator and the interesting fact was that people who are working in the incubator book their places by giving money and they work on their business by sitting at their own table in the same building.For example, I saw a corner with the picture of the Microsoft.
As Steve Ballmer a man who worked in the Microsoft says ''Great companies in the way they work, start with great leaders.''I understand that dedication and working are the keys to success. Moreover, Halcyon House was similar to 1776 DC incubator and it is a non-profit organisation. To see a great man working in that place who produced special sunglasses for cataract disease, influenced by her mother showed me that there is nothing that is impossible.He told us that first, you need to take support from your family in order to start your venture then the rest will come.In addition, I had a really big opportunity as I learned about the founder of Innovator box and Ashoka.They were great people and the important thing is that they have great aims and different ideas to change the world.

   To sum up, this programme improved my knowledge, communication skills, my attitude towards the world and helped me to see the importance of finding new innovative ideas and products for the development of the world.As an entrepreneur, I am glad that I took place in this program and participated in great lectures about social entrepreneurship and learned about making a social venture as well as how to make it sustainable.My top two takeaways are improved communication skills with the help of discussions and importance of teamwork.  Having the opportunity to meet with our professor was great.Thank you for this great opportunity in a great country which is America.












No comments:

Post a Comment